[vox-tech] New Distrobutions Virus Alert

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:54:03 -0700

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 03:38:31PM -0700, ME wrote:
<snip>
> Check your BIOS settings and look for an option about antivirus control.
> These options often check for attempts top modify the MBR and sometimes
> attempts to modify NVRAM. For installations of OS, you frequently need to
> turn off this option. If you plan to run LILO on a steady basis, just turn
> it off and leave it off. (Opinion.)

Do you mean "run LILO" as in, use it as the bootloader?
Or simply as in "edit /etc/lilo.conf and then run /sbin/lilo as root"?

Just curious.

> If  you go to and fro with windows/linux it is your call, but you should
> probably disable it for the install and then enable it after Linux is ont
> he disk.
>
> > Rusty Minden CCNA :-)
>                ^^^^
> This makes you happy and excited. :-D
<snip>

I suppose I could google.. but... what IS a CCNA?

-bill!