[vox-tech] How to recompile kernel

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

Jay,

this is like asking "How do I fix the engine on a 747?" :)
It is a bit more in depth than an email-responce, probably enough
detail to write a book on.

first off, you'll need to download the source from kernel.org,
or install a redhat source package.

I suggest you read the kernel howto:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Kernel-HOWTO.html

and perhaps also the ipchains howto:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html

As for installing ipchains, there should be an RPM of it available on your
install cd or from a redhat mirror.

$ rpm -i ipchains-version.rpm

should do it.

-Gabe