[vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Software suggestions?

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:48:15 -0400

Ken,

  Short answer: dhcp server, available.

... actually the main motivation for the mirror is really so that missing
stuff can be installed at a moments notice.

    TTFN,
      Mike

ps:
  Well at I'm glad to see the patent for a network device which
facilitates installation of Linux across a network will be easy to
challenge...

[...talking about installfests...]

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:52:49PM -0700, ME wrote:
> This is what we do at our IF. I bring in my network hardened desktop (from
> 2 rooms away) and have it dole out IP via DHCP for the local wireless and
> wired networks. It is very fast (Full 100Mbps ethernet available at full

... sadly the drive I refer to in the first message above is the one that
started flaking out on April 1st about 6am, I'm amazed I've still not
purchased a replacement drive and backup solution, it is still sitting
nearby powered off.