[vox-tech] Environmental Variables

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:03:59 -0700 (PDT)

Alfredo,

The setenv technique will change your display for that session.  Generally
this is more handy for me, since I set it once and forget it.

But most X programs will also understand if you pass it a display
argument.  This will set the display just for that program.

Either way is fine.  Use whichever is more convenient at the time.  Like
whether you want the front seat of a car or the backseat depends on
whether you want a good view or to get some sleep.

-Mark