[vox-tech] Slack on a laptop

Shwaine vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:29:45 -0700

It's been way way too long since I used Slack 4.0, although I remember
it not being as polished as recent versions. As another resource
for you to check for the answers to your problems, try the Slackware
newsgroup: alt.os.linux.slackware. There's many old Slack users on
there who may remember more about that distro than I do. You might
also look into using Slack 8.0 with the 2.2.19 kernel. In expert
installation, you could pare it down to be fairly lean. This way,
you could get the patches for the latest security vulnerabilities
like the zlib double free problem and glibc glob problem.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000