[vox-tech] cisco vpn

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:55:00 -0700

I haven't used it, but are you trying to use it through NAT?  If so,
your kernel will need to have the IPSEC support compiled in.

-sp

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org] On Behalf Of nbs
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 5:27 PM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] cisco vpn

ok, so i've got:

  1. the IP address of a server i should be able to telnet or SSH into,

  2. some uber-secret key given to me by some web-based registration
     system, and

  3. i've got some less-uber-secret key e-mailed to me by the same
     registration system.

I've downloaded some VPN software for Linux by CISCO, from here:

  http://is.rice.edu/~farrell/vpn/clients/

It has no documentation in the tar archive, though, and the docs. on
CISCO's site are kind of lacking.  (I'm also running on fumes... very
tired!)

Anyone ever used this beast?  How do I set it up, providing it #2 and #3
above, so that I can log into #1 above?

Thx!