[vox-tech] modifying mouse selection behavior under X

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:02:40 -0700

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:59:15PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> egads!  the first thing that makes me want to use a desktop manager.
> prolly still won't make me take the cpu hog plunge tho.   ;)  i'm going
> to look into mark's suggestion and if it doesn't pan out i'll experiment
> with booting up gnome when not playing games.

You don't need to run Gnome to run Gnome Terminal.
You already have Gnome libs installed (you use Abiword, no?),
so it should just be a matter of:

  apt-get install gnome-terminal

> really?  i have an xterm man page.  i think it might be symlinked to
> x-terminal-emulator(1).   try manning that.

That worked.  It's a symlink to Eterm's man page though.  Odd!

-bill!