[vox-tech] procmail question

Ted Deppner vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:40:34 -0800

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:18:38AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>    # make a backup
>    :0 c
>    * ! ^From.*MAILER-DAEMON       |  # don't backup error msgs
>      ! ^Subject.*BOUNCE vox          # don't backup bounce msgs
>    backup
>
> are lines continued automatically, or do i need an escape character like "\"?

prolly, but you don't want a regex with all that whitespace.

> can comments go between conditionals like this?

dunno for sure, but not really relevant given the last answer.

> any problems anyone can see with this?

man procmailex didn't show any snippets anywhere near that style.  I
didn't have time to read it in detail, but you might take a peek.  I think
the regex interpretation kills this whole style though.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/