[vox-tech] Re: [vox] I'm Trying to Love Linux...

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:51:57 -0800

I managed to get WP working on my computer here.  I wound up having to
install two separate files from Corel's FTP servers.  While on the phone
with tech support, I was told that because of licensing issues, support
for Corel Linux WP is not available on their website or on Xandrios's
website either.  That was quite frustrating.

I do hope that Xandrios will continue to support the WordPerfect suite;
I agree that it is worlds beyond what MS has done (though I understand
that there is finally a "reveal codes" tool available for MS-Word from a
third-party vendor, though it's a viewer only).  I've been in love with
WP ever since I played with version 5.1 all those decades ago.  In this
case, I think I bought the very last copy off the shelves at Fry's on
Northgate.

However, I will say that the tech support people that I spoke with at
Corel were universally friendly and very helpful.  That's just one more
thing that Corel has on Microsoft (I can't even recall the last time I
was able to actually talk to someone at Tech Support for an MS product
without paying an arm and a leg for it).

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

"When you have lost the ability to laugh at yourself, you have lost the
ability to think straight." --Clarence Darrow

"Push the button, Max!"