grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!)

Roland Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:36:01 -0800

Have you thought of doing a mini how-to or perhaps a talk on GRUB. I would
not mind learning more about it, but after working with it a little I became
rather confused with it. I found that I preferred LILO so I stayed with it,
but I would like to learn GRUB.

Roland Minden
Telecom Coordinator
Office	(916) 286-8999
Fax	(509) 275-2420
Cell	(916) 769-4368

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry House [mailto:hajhouse@houseag.com]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 10:55 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH
7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!)

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:36:03AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> yes, yes, yes!  i agree completely here.  don't use grub.  it might be
> better.  perhaps.  who knows.  it doesn't matter.  the vast majority of
> us are very happy with lilo.  so unless you want to rely on only henry
> answering all your questions, do use lilo.  ;)

OTOH, if you want to install a bootloader once and never break your machine
again because you forgot to re-run /sbin/whatever after installing a new
kernel but before rebooting, use grub :-).

It is a bother to install it the first time, though. The documentation is
quite inadequate.

--
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See