[vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7.2 !!

Geoffrey Herteg vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:09:03 -0800

Sounds like there may not be ext3 support in the kernel you're trying to
boot. Did the upgrade successfully run LILO/Grub before trying to install
all the RPMs?

You may need to boot off of a rescue CD/floppy, get to a prompt and then
mount your old root to something like /mnt.  Then delete the ext3
journalling file, change the root entry in /etc/fstab to ext2 (instead of
ext3) and reboot.

Hope these suggestions help!

-- G