[vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7.2 !!

Viswanath P vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:54:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

     I have tried to upgrade my Linux from RedHat 7.1
to RedHat 7.2 and after choosing ext3 file system
and upgrading the packages it had successfully
installed the package and prompted me to install the
second disk.  When it is trying to read the second
disk there is some problem with tetex.rpm file
complaining of bad file or corrupt region.  So, I
rebooted the machine and went to rescue mode.

     I have both windows and linux mounted in my hard
disk.  After typing one by one the partition
\dev\hda1,
\dev\hda2, \dev\hda3 (windows), \dev\hda5, \dev\hda6
in the linux rescue mode(F5 key), it screamed "kernel
panic root is not found".

Since I am a NEWBIE in installing(usually our
sysadmin does it!).  Kindly help me in overcoming this
problem since I had already retrieve my datas after
crashing once.  Sorry to post this during christmas
eve.

thanks

Please mail me in detail.

Viswanath P.