Opps, that set off my spam complainer. Was Re: [vox-tech] quoting question in perl

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:50:45 -0800

i never told this to anyone, so i might as well say it now since it's
relevent.

i used to have automated spam complainers too.  again, procmail.  the recipe
was broken, and accidentally sent a complaint to sonic.net when bill (our
bill) sent some email to vox.

i got an email within minutes from one of the sonic.net admins asking if bill
had really sent the spam -- bill is well known by the offices of sonic.net
and the admin couldn't believe that he would send spam.

we ended up having a conversation about how neat of a guy bill is.
apparently, all the admins are "kendrick fans" and know about newbreed
software and lugod.

it was a bad situation that turned out pretty darn funny.  and i was
impressed as all heck that sonic.net is so vigilant about responding to spam.
not to mention impressed that everyone there seemed to know who bill kendrick
was!

anyway, that was my object lesson.  i don't rely on automated complainers.
if it's important enough to complain about, it's worth the few seconds that i
need to devote to it.

pete

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>