[vox-tech] debian X question

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:09:08 -0800

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 03:04:41PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> this really doesn't say anything.

It says how to set the system-wide default for all users.

> suppose user1 wants enlightenment with gnome, user2 wants enlightenment
> without gnome and user3 wants sawmill with gnome.
>=20
> what command do they run?
>=20
> or is the Debian Way to modify your ~/.xinitrc explicitly?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. If the user's PATH includes ~/bin at a
highter priority than /usr/bin,  you could also create a symlink to your
choice in ~/bin.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=