[vox-tech] junkbuster. whoa. i'm a convert.

Ted Deppner vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:38:53 -0800

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:07:17PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> my only complaint is that browsing seem to be perceptively slower.  not
> enough to stop using junkbuster, but it's a bit noticeable.  it's nice that

I believe junkbuster is still "only" HTTP/1.0, which doesn't support
keepalive connections... meaning your HTTP/1.1 browser can't grab multiple
files from the same server using only 1 tcp connection.

I couldn't confirm this in my minute of searching manpages though...

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/