[vox-tech] Signing email with GnuPG

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:32:06 -0800

Thanks for the reply Pete.  I think my best option at this point is to
not sign messages by default and only add a signature if the recipient
is known to use a good email program; pretty much the inverse of your
solution.  I'm trying to accomplish this by adding some lines like the
following to my .muttrc:

    send-hook . "set pgp_autosign = no"
    send-hook "~t person1@place.com" "set pgp_autosign = yes"
    send-hook "~t person2@place.com" "set pgp_autosign = yes"

I thought this would make messages to person1 or person2 signed and all
other messages unsigned, but it doesn't seem to be working yet.  I'm
probably overlooking something about hooks...

Matt