[vox-tech] HP Printer Issues

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:14:54 -0800

In our house, we have an HP DeskJet 712c printer.  The printer is hooked
up to a Windows98SE laptop which acts as our print server (it was the
only spare computer we had).  I've established a connection from my
Linux box to the printer just fine, but when I try printing from my
Linux box, I receive this error on my Windows computer:

Hpfbkg13: This program has performed an illegal operation yada yada yada
yada.

Aside from the obvious and most effective solution of dumping Win98 on
the laptop computer and replacing it with Linux (which my wife would be
dead-set against) is there anything I can do?  I have already tried
uninstalling and installing the printer drivers on the win98 computer.
Has anyne encountered a problem like this, and does anyone have any
ideas for how to solve it?

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

"When you have lost the ability to laugh at yourself, you have lost the
ability to think straight." --Clarence Darrow

"Push the button, Max!"