[vox-outreach] SFD Materials

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Sep 7 17:59:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 05:19:07PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Discs:
> We need to burn discs to give away:
> U(K,X)buntu 8.04 Regular/Live Disc - Target number 50, we have ?

About 10 plain Ubuntu 8.04 from Canonical.

> What else:
> Knoppix 5.3.1 - How many do we still have? What version?
>  * http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html

I'll have the box with me at LUGOD in 9/15, so we can dig around in there
to see what discs we have.  Probably, sadly, time to ditch some of the
very old stuff hanging around in there.

<snip>
> If you burn discs, please reply on the email list and state which and
> how many so we can keep track.

As people post, I'll try to make sure the http://www.lugod.org/sfd/ page
is updated.  Might take a day, though.

(Side-note: Some idiot from out of town in a rental car totalled my
car the other day, so been busy buying a new one and dealing w/ insurance.
SIGH.  Plus, we moved recently, so things at home are still crazy.
Did I also mention I recently started a new job?  And am doing GSOC?
And am now working to get Tux4Kids in as a member project of SPI?  Whee!)