[vox-outreach] Fwd: LUGOD WEF 2008 booth _confirmed!_

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue May 6 08:08:39 PDT 2008

So it looks like we have a booth for WEF after all.  Unfortunately, since
we only found out today (unless something got lost in the mail? Henry?),
we really need to scramble to prepare for this.

Who wants to coordinate this event for LUGOD?

----- Forwarded message from Bryan Jungers -----

   Bill,

   I'm so sorry you didn't receive confirmation of your acceptance to WEF.
   There is a booth reserved for LuGOD and I thought that you were contacted.
   I'm not sure exactly what happened in the mix up.

   Please see the attached information. I know the notice is very
   last-minute, and I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience this might
   place on you in finding volunteers to staff your booth.

   If you are a non-profit, the $50 booth fee will be waived. If you need to
   bring a vehicle onto campus, please send along license and registration
   information. More information is contained in the attached document.

   It would be great if you and/or other members of LuGOD could attend and
   help facilitate a discussion on open-source software/hardware communities.
   I am particularly interested in discussing strong organizational tools and
   strategies that enable meta-teams to iterate on software-hardware
   codesign. I'm engaged in this process with a groups called the  Vehicle
   Design Summit (www.vehicledesignsummit.org), though I'm heavy on the
   engineering/hardware side. Your contributions from the software
   development perspective would be great in helping to balance and inform
   the workshop. It is taking place in Experiential Space on the UCD quad on
   Friday at 3:00 PM.

   Please contact me if you have any questions about the attached information
   or requirements of participation. I will send you your FIN # prior to
   Friday so that you will have parking and booth information (assuming you
   have a vehicle).

   Best,
   Bryan

----- End forwarded message -----