[vox-outreach] city computer training lab for workshops?

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Sat Aug 23 17:56:25 PDT 2008

In the Davis Community Network newsletter it said that DCN can
arrange for 501(c) nonprofit organizations (like lugod) to use
city facilities for half the cost to a city resident. The City
has a computer training lab that DCN uses for classes and I was
thinking we could use this for the workshops we have been talking
about turning the installfests into. On the other hand maybe the
workshops would mostly help people who want to mess around with
their own computer, as the installfests already do.

I do think it would be nice if LUGOD had a closer relationship
with DCN however, so does anybody have any other ideas on how we
could work together? DCN also has 10 accounts on their Solaris
shell server for training purposes and I actually used this
before I ever used UNIX. So, DCN is really cool and is probably
the only other UNIX oriented group in Davis and we should help
each other out. What do people think?
Nick