[vox-outreach] Child Dev Conf status

Jess benegesserit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:15:30 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:

>  == FLYERS ==    Status: IN GOOD SHAPE
>
>  I've created a third handout for the event this Saturday.
>  Henry said he'd go to Kinkos today to make copies of them all.
>  I'll also dig around the LUGOD box for some of our older handouts
>  (Nick currently has the LUGOD box from last night's meeting, btw.)

I'm going to suggest that the beer one is probably not going to go
over particularly well at this event :)

I'm in the middle of creating a trifold flyer about open source
educational software. What is the latest I can reasonably complete it
and have it be ready in time? I may consider either making this a
collaborative document on Google (if they have the necessary
formatting options) or sending it along to the list if anyone else
wants to work on it, as I'm up against several other deadlines right
now.

>  == DISCS ==    Status: NEEDS WORK

>  Jessica, you also said you can burn discs - need blanks?
>  (Or, worst case, perhaps LUGOD can reimburse you if you buy your
>  own -- might be quicker than having Henry or I go buy some and
>  drop them off!)

Um, we'll see. My burner is being a touch flaky.

Assuming it works - I have about 20 discs sitting around that I can
burn with whatever, and then get replaced when convenient. What are
the top priorities as far as that goes?

>  == HARDWARE ==    Status: IN GOOD SHAPE
>
>  Jessica said she can bring both an ASUS EeePC subnotebook, and
>  a laptop running Edubuntu.

This should be happening. The EEE is a definite. The laptop I planned
to use is also being flaky (the joys of having old hardware!), but
there is supposedly another lying around that I can use.

>  == STAFFING ==    Status: NEEDS WORK

>  I can try to be there for setup, but will likely have my baby son
>  for a lot of the morning, so it would be VERY beneficial that
>  someone else was there, so I don't have to try to move boxes and
>  a stroller at the same time, and can get up and wander off with
>  him if he gets bored sitting at the booth with me. :)

I can probably be there by 8:00.

Jessica