[vox-outreach] Re: Friday Setup

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Fri May 11 19:12:52 PDT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:06:08AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:13:14PM -0700, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> > The person I have been talking to said he put us somewhere near outlets,
> > but didn't say where. I think being next to the solar people would be
> > nice in any case, so it would be good if you could do that.
>
> Oh no.  I hope we're not way off the beaten path, like the first time we
> were at WEF! >:^P  (We were up next to a UCD building, further away
> from where people roamed.  The following years, we were out on the grassy
> part, where there was a ton of foot traffic -- foot traffic that wasn't
> just hurrying by.)
>
> Anyway, good luck!!!

The booth where we were today was nice with foot traffic but there is no
power. There are solar power people close to us but they don't have any
solar panels, just papers. We might see about getting another booth
tomorrow, there are at least two other solar companies at WEF who do
have panels. Other than that, everything was great. The educational
booths are supposed to leave at 6:00 and it took just under an hour to
pack up, so the last shift can be shorter.
Nick