[vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Bryan Richter bryan.richter at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:06:10 PDT 2007

2007/5/8, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>:
> 1.Can we get a general status update on how that CD burning is going?
> (I've got 5 OpenCD, 10 Ubuntu in the burning process now)

Ah, I forgot, I was going to burn cds, but I haven't yet. I will do so
tomorrow.

> 3.Also how about a tentative list of what times people can facilitate
> the booth.(Is anyone actually going to table Friday?)

There is a list already, on http://lugod.org/projects/wef/ , under
Volunteers. :)

I am available for basically the whole event. Not that I actually want to
sit there all day for 2.5 days. :) The only time I will *not* be available
is Sunday after 1pm.

However, there are two times I would like to have free. The first is for
soccer practice at 5:30pm on Friday. It's on campus. I could probably make
it back over just in time to help break down for the night. Second would be
10:30am on Sunday (more soccer.. I loves me some soccer). If I did that,
you probably wouldn't see me again. :) Neither of these are firm
obligations though, so I'll only go if there are plenty of people around
and helping out.

> 4.Starting Friday evening, I can arrange to store the materials on campus
> not to far from the Quad, I'll also bring my furniture dolly to
> facilitate the movement of materials.

Spectacular; I was going to ask about this.

> Should we send out a general vox announce asking for volunteers?

I think so. The only tabling volunteers listed are you, Nick, and myself.

So, what time to we want to set up on Friday, anyway?

-Bryan