[vox-outreach] whole earth and gtc

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 31 00:14:30 PDT 2007

Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 11:52:18PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> Nick Schmalenberger wrote:

>>> Every day! I'll probably pick up and drop off the stuff, so maybe
>>> somebody else can do the afternoons.
>> Me too:
>> Sat/Sun enjoying WEF is the only thing on my schedule too so just about
>> anytime we need someone at the booth I can live there.
>>
>> Should I just fill out the paperwork right now, so we've got that in?
>>
>> Alex
>>
> Already working on it. Here is what I have done:
> http://www.schmalenberger.us/files/wefedapplic2007-1-filled.rtf
>
> One thing I'm not sure about is the insurance it says is required to
> drive on campus. "To drive on campus, all drivers must carry ATLEAST
> $100,000 of general liability insurance. Do your drivers have this
> coverage?" Does regular car insurance include this? Do you have this
> Alex? It says there can be other arrangements.
>
> Also, http://wef.ucdavis.edu/education2006.html (2006!) says:
> Download the 2007 Education Application
> for all areas
>
> WORD format [http://wef.ucdavis.edu/wefedapplic2007-1.doc]
>
> The application deadline is April 1
>
> email applications to
> education at wef.ucdavis.edu
>
> so email submission should be fine for us to make the deadline, but in
> the application it says a signature is required at the bottom, so how
> can that be emailed? I just made an X.
> Nick

No I don't think so (I think mines like 25k or 50k) the law only
requires 25k but most people opt for more
, but we don't need to drive on campus we can just roll in with a cart
from the parking lot or I'll see if I can borrow a bike trailer or get a
buddy to give us a lift with one of those cool electric carts if we
really need to haul that much stuff.

Alex