[vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Wed Dec 5 02:29:05 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 07:57:01PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 01:27:02PM -0800, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> >>Cool.  Really cool.
> >>
> >>I don't know if you have contacted James Burgett at the Alameda County
> >>Computer Resource Center,
> ><snip>
> >>I would be willing to film the school's process of migrating to FOSS.
> >>Also,
> >>I have experience in implementing an Edubuntu thin client lab in a public
> >>middle school in San Francisco.  I would be willing to share with them
> >>what
> >>information I have.
> >
> >Thanks a bunch Christian.  I've sent you an email off-list, Cc'ing
> >folks from Valley Oak Charter, so they can see your comments.
> >
> I'm in too, and I'll try to make the meeting thurs.
> My specialty? I know a little about everything, hardware, software,
> software and software.
>
> We should get in touch with the Sacramento Computer Recycling people
> that tabled near us at WEF. Anyone remember their name exactly?
>
> Alex
I think it was this group:
http://www.crc.org/ Computer Recycling Center
Assuming that Valley Oak has a computer lab right now so are they going
to be able to buy those from the school district? How will that compare
to getting stuff from the Alameda place or CRC? I'd like to help with
this too.
Nick Schmalenberger