[vox-outreach] CD Burning

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 25 00:23:43 PDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:58:51PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Now as for how many, based on how many we gave away at Free Software
> Day, not too many.

Just to follow up to this in this thread as well (since I forgot to before!),
last year's Software Freedom Day was a one day, coupla-hour event at
the Farmer's Market, and we were placed in a bad location (off the beaten
path, for some reason!  I guess we got there and set up too late?)

WEF is a 2.5 day long event with 1000s of people.  At Farmer's Market,
it's 99% food vendors, 1% other, and we're totally an oddball 'exhibit.' :)
At Whole Earth Festival, we're yet another education booth amongst dozens,
and the attendees are not surprised to see technology-related stuff.
(We're usually next to a company selling solar panels... we're not far from
the cars modded to use biodiesel, etc.)

Like I mentioned in my last post, at the 2005 WEF we gave out over 300
discs (200 of which were Ubuntu, alone).

So yeah, having lots of discs is a good idea.  We can almost always find ways
to get rid of discs (meetings, giving them away to other LUGs, at demos
and installfests, etc.!)

Additionally, we MAY yet be going to Gov't Tech Conference, which is the
following week, so we'll certainly need discs for that.  (Again, we end up
giving away 100s of discs at that multi-day event, too!!!)

:^)  So... don't be shy! :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/