[vox-outreach] WEF Day 3 results?

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 10:09:55 PDT 2005

Jimbo wrote:
> My two cents:
> Get a nice sign on a stake that says" free software!"  There was a sign
> hand drawn in ink on paper taped to the laminated lugod sign but the
> rain destroyed it.  A computer is a must.  Due to rain it is nearly
> impossible but it appears that even if we had no rain there still
> wouldn't be a computer.  I would have brought my own.  More flavors of
> Linux.  Booth staff wearing t shirts or sweatshirts with lugod and logo
> on it.  Coffee cups, mouse pads and pens.  I know that this cost money
> however that should not be a road block.  If I can volunteer my time I
> can certainly kick down some of my quarter pounder money.  We could be
> aggressive on helping companies with router and computer issues that are
> so desperately needing people that actually know what they are doing.
> But alas, I am just talk.  My first event that I have volunteered for so
> I can't be critical nor pushy on any thoughts and ideas.  I will however
> help out in the future and can contribute to the lugod treasury.  Not
> much but something is better than nothing.

We had a computer on Friday and Saturday.  It wasn't brought out
yesterday due to rain.

Although LUGOD is not "rich" by any means, I think we can afford some of
the things you suggest.  What we lack is volunteer man hours, even to
purchase and keep track of such goodies.  We did very well with WEF; I
think our booth was very successful.  Plenty of people pitched in
burning cds, printing fliers, and manning the booth.  We just need more
of this effort on a regular basis to maintain our status as a premier
user's group.

Thanks to everybody who helped!

Jonathan