[vox-outreach] How'd Day 1 go!?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun May 8 02:22:36 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:43:01PM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:
> All in all it was very fun, even if we almost confused a few couple
> people with conflicting distro recommendations. :)

I got a bunch of those today.  "Which is best?"  "Well, depends on who you
ask!"  "Well, which is easiest?"  "Oh, sheesh, probably SUSE or Mandrake?
Ubuntu's apparently quite good, too!"

I guess I should play with a bunch of distros just prior to events like
these, or maybe we should have a chart of Distro Pros and Cons or some other
kind of review from somewhere, to hand out to the people who have heard of,
and possibly already tried Linux, but want recommendations. :^)