[vox-outreach] Thanks to WEF volunteers and visitors!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun May 8 02:21:05 PDT 2005

Thanks to everyone who volunteers at WEF today, and to those who dropped
by to say hello!

Let's see how well I remember? :^)

  Emily Stumpf
  Mike Simons
  Daphne Pareas
  Chris McKenzie
  Nick
  Robert Scofield
  shwaine
  Shu Chow
  Richard Lowenberg
  ... ugh, it's late... I can't remember who else, sorry ;)

Anyway, it was fun!  I was at the both almost the entire time, though
I wandered a few times to get food/water and look for places to talk to
about Linux; I went to the local Waldorf school's booth, and they pretty
much didn't want to hear a word out of me once I mentioned "computer user
group"... apparently they don't use computers...? *shrug*

A few people who dropped by wanted to know "so... why is Linux better?",
and for the Mac users, it was kind of hard to answer.  Mac, IMHO, is
definitely a great alternative to Windows, if you're talking only from
a technical, end-user standpoint.  Most people did "get it", though, when
we explained the altruistic properties of Linux and other Open Source
software, which was cool.

Some people who showed up were literally "you can't be serious!?" over how
cool the concept of Linux and Open Source was, and started grabbing multiple
copies of discs to send to friends and family. :^)

I hope tomorrow goes well, too!  Enjoy and thanks, folks!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness
http://newbreedsoftware.com/   until widely scattered light in the morning.