[vox-outreach] Stuff for WEF & GTC

Sun, 2 May 2004 21:14:18 -0700

I have gathered up all of the WEF and GTC swag on my dining room table in
Davis.  For those of you who will be setting up the WEF booth on Friday,
and the GTC booth on the following Tuesday, please contact me privately
to arrange when to get the schtuff.

(The GTC folks might need to collect some of the goodies from the WEF
booth dismantlers.)

Going from memory, I've got the following:

  * Small collection of Knoppix discs  [for both events]
  * Collection of Oracle/Java discs  [for GTC]
  * Small collection of "Tux Paint" brochures  [for WEF]
  * Large collection of "Open Source for Windows" brochures  [for both events]
  * Large laminated LUGOD sign (probably best to only used at GTC)
  * Three-legged stand (e.g., to hold up a poster; way too small for
    laminated sign, though!)

Mike Simons will be bringing folding tables (and I'll see if he can bring
the LUGOD demo machine) on Tuesday, for whoever wants to set up WEF.

(We'll be borrowing some large tables from Michael Wenk for GTC; presumably,
plans have been made for transportation. :^) )

It'd be good to bring the LUGOD donation jar to these events, to try and
get donations to cover the cost of discs, and these events in general.

Also, we need to print up more flyers for the upcoming Oracle talk
(the current set are in the LUGOD swag box; also at my house, but which will
be at Tuesday's meeting), and more "What is LUGOD" / "What is Open Source?"
handouts.

I've got LUGOD's 25% discount card for Kinkos, but it's only good for the
Kinkos in Davis.  Who would like to make a set of copies of these things
for me? :^)

(Just go into kinkos, stick in a credit card, photocopy a bunch, and then
bring the discount card and your credit card up to the front counter, they'll
refund you for the discount, and you should get a receipt, to give to Henry
for reimbursment.  Simple!)

Thanks!

-bill!