[vox-outreach] Handouts for STC

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 1 14:10:41 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:53:30PM -0700, Richard Burkhart wrote:
> *raising hand*

Sweeeet.  Thanks :)

<snip>
> Anyone want to help feed me material?  Have ideas?

I've written a number of 'for non-Linux-geek-people' articles.  I'm not so
good a writer, but they may be a good starting point.  ("Oh, I should
mention _that_, too!", or whathaveyou...)

  OOo in CCN: http://www.ccnmag.com/index.php?sec=mag&id=284
  Moz in CCN: http://www.ccnmag.com/index.php?sec=mag&id=295

Not sure, but it might be worth writing something up on some other useful
tools:

  Inkscape, a new cross-platform SVG (scalable vector graphics) editor
  Scribus, a destkop publishing tool for Linux/Unix
  Dia, a cross-platform diagraming tool (like Visio)
  Wordperfect, it's for Linux, too!

I'm not sure how IT-oriented any of the attendees would be (you might know
better!), but maybe even talking about Linux thin client solutions would be
useful! :^)

Anyway...  I need to get back to work. :)  Thanks again!