[vox-outreach] New demo nbox

Wed, 7 Jan 2004 02:58:14 -0800

We purchased a mini-ITX-form-factor box from Dave Margolis at tonight's
meeting for $100.  (And fortunately received $48 in donations, so it's
already halfway covered! :^) )

It has a free PCI slot, which I guess we'll be sticking a video card in
(since we'll need DVI if we want to talk to the IBM LCD screen), and getting
to work dual head (since our projector, like most, is VGA, not DVI).

It probably won't be set up for the January 17th demo (still tentative),
so if people have Linux laptops, please feel free to bring them! :^)

I'll probably be bringing my work laptop (WinXP, unfortunately) booted into
Knoppix or Knoppix for Kids.

-bill!