[vox-outreach] Draft brochure for Tux4Kids

Lee Welter vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:33:36 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C3D11B.E141BD90

Hi Bill,

I have some other chores to do right now, but I don't want to postpone =
indefinitely what little I have done with your brochure.  The brochure =
is informative and visually appealing. My wordsmithing is mainly aimed =
at streamlining it a little.
Here are some minor suggested revisions of your text:
 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Regarding the header,

"High Quality

Educational

Software

Alternatives"

I would consider deleting "Alternatives" and maybe (just maybe) =
inserting "Affordable" or "Low Cost" between "High Quality" and =
"Educational." Purchase cost is not always the major criterion of a wise =
decision, since usability, time invested in learning, and other issues =
are also relevant "cost" factors. In light of that, "Intelligent =
Alternative" might be suitable for the header.

Following are two revised segments of text:

Tux4Kids is an international organization of volunteers dedicated to =
producing and promoting quality educational software under certified =
Open Source Initiative* licenses (see definition below).

Tux4Kids makes software available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and other =
operating systems. A growing number of schools is already using these =
applications.

I hope to do more with this very soon, but my other chores await.

Lee Welter

----- Original Message -----=20