[vox-outreach] Received WEF confirmation letter!

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:14:53 -0700

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:36:45AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I see you've got me opening up both Friday and Saturday, and that's
> fine.

Hehe, you DID offer, and I wasn't hallucinating, right? :^)

> I guess I'll commit to 12-4 on Fri and 9-1 on Sat, but I do have
> some flexibility.

Cool.  I've put those hours down on the web page.

> I don't have any idea what I'm doing to open up, though!

There are a few things involved.  First off is meeting with one of the WEFfies
at at the 'Staging Area', lot 35 on UC Davis campus.
Show them our Festival ID Number (FIN) (which is "ED-1423") and they'll
direct you from there.

We do not have the ability to drive onto the Quad itself (that'd cost a
pretty penny in auto insurance!), so what we've done in the past is
drive a car up to the closest point possibly near the quad, and unload
everything, and then go park the car. [*]

UNFORTUNATELY, the deadline to give the vehicle information (to get free
parking in one of the lots designated for WEF) has passed, so whoever
drops stuff off will need to park somewhere else.

(Although, even though the deadline passed 10 days ago, I'm guessing I MIGHT
be able to get a parking permit for you, or whoever decides they can do the
drop-off.  We only get one permit, though, if any!)

> Do I need to get a hold of tables, chairs, fliers, disks, etc. ahead
> of time?

I can pass the fliers, discs, etc. to you today or some time early
tomorrow.  I was planning to have them at Tuesday's meeting, to give to
whoever gets them, so I can wait til then, as well.

> Where is our setup spot?

Unknown.  Somewhere on the Quad. :^)  Look for the large solar panel
exhibit, I'm guessing.

>  Will someone help me?

I hope!  Hey, will someone help Jonathan set up and staff our booth at WEF
on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning?

So far, noone has confirmed availability to do so!

Come _on!_  We always have good volunteer turnout at WEF!
What's up this year!?

-bill!

[*] From Lot 35, go back up to Russell Blvd, head east, and then turn
    back down onto California Ave. (by the Health Center).
    Turn left (east) just past Lot 14 to go alongside the tennis courts.
    Then turn right to drive down the driveway between the two buildings
    just south of that road (they appear to be "Plant & Environ. Science"
    and "Hunt").  Don't /park/ here, but just drop stuff (and a person) off,
    then go park.

    This gets you within walking distance of "North Quad" and "West Quad"
    roads.  Just walk south down "West Quad", past Freeborn Hall
    (on your left), Wickson (on your right) and the MU, and voila!
    You're at the grassy part of the Quad.  Watch for recyclers. ;^)