[vox-outreach] Speaker possibility as GTC

Trevor Lango vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:04:54 -0700

I am willing, but just to be perfectly clear, this really isn't like our
usual: "Linux is cool! You should use it!" ... now is it?  I imagine they
are expecting something brewed up for the IT Administrator; a presentation
that compares Open Source and Microsft on all levels (kind of like all those
recent biased Microsoft-sponsored surveys regarding Microsoft vs. Linux
deployment in enterprise environments?):

- costs (purchasing, maintaining, training, etc.)
- licensing/ability to customize
- ease of implementation/installation/setup
- IT support staff training/ability to maintain
- user training/ease of use
- any other suggestions...? :)

And just another note: the title states for AND against Open Source... so to
deliver a fair and equitable presentation, I would have to utter blaspehous
words, words against (gasp!) open source...? ;-)

I am willing to commit to this in the absence of a more qualified speaker
and upon confirmation of date and time.