[vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

Jonathan Stickel vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:16:32 -0700

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Off-list, someone mentioned it might make sense to ask for $1-2 for each
> disc, but for those who can't even afford that, just let them take it.
>
> What do people think?  And as for whether we can afford the up-front cost,
> I'm PRETTY sure we have $300 to spare.  Honestly, I don't remember hearing
> any really compelling arguments against getting a set made professionally...

OK, let's get professionally burned disks.  Let's do it soon so that if
there is a problem with the order, we have time to get disks another way.

I also like the idea of asking for donations.  We can put up a sign that
says "free or $1 donation".  Or if you don't like a sign, we can just
say it verbally.  Either way, people don't like to look cheap, so they
will donate. :)  This also adds value:  "I spent $1 for this disk, so at
least I should try it!"

Jonathan