[Vox-Outreach] Need more CD burns!

Peter Jay Salzman vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:13:21 -0700

On Mon 12 May 03,  2:02 PM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@netscape.net> opined:
> I burned a few Knoppix and GNUWinII CDs for a recent event.  I found
> that if my CD record program told me it wrote OK, then I could mount,
> read a couple html files, and umount without any trouble on any _CDR_
> drive (this was my test).  However, they did not work on some older
> CDROM drives.  Some of these problem CDROM drives would read the CDRs,
> but _very_ slowly and with lots of noise; others wouldn't read them at all.

yeah, that's a pretty general problem with older drives.  i've found
the exact same thing.

> btw:  I wish I had time to burn a few more for the GTC event, but I am
> experiencing technical difficulties with my home desktop and have
> limited time to fix it.  Maybe next time.

post it to vox-tech when you have a chance.  i'll try to help if it's
something i know about.

also, bill, if you want to come over and burn cd's all day long while i
work on my dissertation, you're more than welcome to come over.  i'll
even feed you.  :)

pete