[Vox-Outreach] Mail from GTC

Paul Miller vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 22:30:14 -0700

Bill, Mike,

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:19:08 -0700
>From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
>To: LUGOD Outreach <vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org>
>Subject: [Vox-Outreach] Mail from GTC
>

>We received two packets from GTC in our PO Box recently.
>
>The first is a stack of free expo passes which I'll give out at the next
>meeting.  It might be nice if someone could pass the remainder out at
>next Wednesday's SacLUG meeting, too...
>
>The other packet is a bunch of information and forms for purchasing different
>services... power, network, transporation of exhibit junk, tables, chairs,
>etc.
>
>I don't think any of it is useful to us, at the moment, since (1) we can't
>afford any of it, (2) we've already paid for power, and (3) we're bringing
>our own table and chairs, IIRC.
>
>I'll bring it for Mike to look over at tomorrow night's LUGOD meeting.
>
>-bill!
>pr@lugod.org

Was doing some research for the OpenOffice.org marketing project.  I
found this link that includes a couple checklists for Trade Shows.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/marketing-plan16.htm

The whole article is a bit intimidating in its scope but pretty
complete.  But then so is open source 8^) IMHO this is worth taking
an hour to read.

I plan to attend tommorrows meeting.  Will bring computer to get some
assistance in making sure I can burn good CDs for GTC.

Best,
Paul