[vox-jobs] [fwd] Linux System Administrator [Sacramento]
nbs at sonic.net
Fri Mar 12 11:54:08 PST 2010
----- Forwarded message from Carl Ortega <cortega at manpowersacramento.com> -----
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:42:23 -0800
From: Carl Ortega <cortega at manpowersacramento.com>
Subject: Linux System Administrator - Posting
To: "webmaster at lugod.org" <webmaster at lugod.org>
I would like to post a Linux System Administrator position on your
website. If there is anything else you need from me please let me know.
Linux System Administrator in Sacramento, CA
We are looking for a full-time Linux System Administrator to help
maintain, monitor and resolve any problems that may occur with our
software and hardware architecture.
* STRONG technical, analytical, communication and organizational skills
* Ability to MEET DEADLINES.
* Ability to work in and support a team environment
* Ability to work unsupervised, proactively identify problems and take
appropriate action to produce or recommend solutions.
* Our primary technical location is in Sacramento, and our secondary
location is in Los Angeles. Applicant must be willing to be on-call for
emergencies and travel to either of these locations if the need arises.
* Ability to ensure configuration and security standards are deployed and
documented on all Linux servers including reviewing and applying the
latest security patches on a regular basis.
* Solid knowledge of server/array/network storage components, NFS.
* Ability to configure, compile, install and debug new software
* Ability to assemble, troubleshoot and repair hardware.
* Must be willing to work to meet deadlines as necessary.
* Must be able to *shift gears* quickly and work in a fast-paced, fluid
* Ability to keep focus on priorities
Must possess at least three years of advanced Linux system administration
* RedHat Linux
* Apache, fully compiling from source and configuring
* SMTP, IMAP, IPOP3 and other protocols
* MySQL (replication and clusters)
* BASH shell and SSH
* DHCP, VPN
* Linux Routing protocols
* XEN virtualization experience a plus
* Linux Virtual load balancing experience a plus
* Experience with distributed files systems such as Gluster a plus
* Ability to manage an environment of load balanced applications across
multiple servers (50+ servers)
* Good understanding of network protocols and network topologies
* Good debugging skills of network problems
* Compiling kernel and necessary modules/drivers from source
* Good knowledge of RAID setups and performance
* Advanced knowledge of redundant setups
Contact, Carl Ortega at 916-285-4018 or cortega at manpowersacramento.com
1740 Arden Way, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 925-5100/ bus.
We understand, anticipate and create progress by looking to the future, by
challenging the norm and constantly growing our expertise. We do this
with integrity, respect and inclusiveness. This is who we are. This is
what we do!
----- End forwarded message -----
Sent from my computer
More information about the vox-jobs