[vox-jobs] DRIVER ARCHITECT needed in Saratoga;
mapton at sandforce.com
Mon Jul 27 14:02:23 PDT 2009
Sandforce is the world leader in Flash Controller and SSD technologies,
creating innovative and disruptive products for storage, consumer
electronics, Netbook, Laptop and Enterprise markets. These products are
transforming how data will be stored and retrieved in the process reducing
cost, power and increasing performance many times over the traditional disk
arrays. We invest in the best talent to develop future technologies to
consistently deliver high-quality products. We nurture a culture that
promotes and inspires a team of world-class employees to innovate and
develop the next generation of storage technologies.
We invite you to explore the opportunities available and be part of a world
class engineering team.
This is an exciting time to join us in our new office in Saratoga!
SandForce is has an immediate openings for smart, principal or architect level Software Engineers to work on Linux storage drivers.
* Architect, Design & document high performance software driver to operate very high performance SATA drive with low driver latency. Driver will be used in both product and for testing.
* Develop and debug driver and libraries that can scale to significantly higher performance than anything that exists today, for leading edge products.
* Support integration of software stack with system with other engineers Optimization of software and system to meet performance requirements
* Must have demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of high performance Linux kernel drivers, preferably with storage experience
* Understanding of RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues.
* Understanding of Linux kernel and driver stack.
* Python experience beneficial.
* 7+ years relevant work experience.
* Software/System debug skills utilizing Debugger, Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer etc. in Lab environment.
* MS in Software engineering.
* Strong communicator.
* Goal oriented and adherence to schedule.
* Ability to work as team player.
Highly Desirable Skills:
* System design expertise
* Contributor to Kernel development.
* Flash, Storage systems or disk drive test technology background
* Experience in consumer or enterprise storage field
* SATA, SAS, SCSI, FC or PCIe experience
* Experience developing test software systems.
* Experience working with outsourced resources
If interested please call or send your formatted resume to;
mapton at sandforce.com<mailto:mapton at sandforce.com><mailto:mapton at sandforce.com>
If this is not a match for you, please consider forwarding this to
interested parties. We pay for referrals.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vox-jobs