[vox-jobs] Web developer position, Chicago
Mark K. Kim
lugod3MAPS at cbreak.org
Wed Dec 13 20:47:19 PST 2006
This is actually a consulting firm a friend of mine works for. Her
project is a subcontract for FEMA, and she's currently in New Orleans to
aid in post-hurricane reconstruction projects. So that gives an idea of
the kind of work this consulting firm does.
Please contact them directly.
Partners for Public Sector Excellence
Hagerty Consulting, a growing 50-person, 5-year old, Evanston-based
management consulting firm focused exclusively on the public sector, is
seeking a Web Developer with database expertise to manage and coordinate
several innovative, high-priority Web-enabled ventures. Required
demonstrated technical skills include Web design and implementation
ability and proven RDBMS development and optimization skills. The
emphasis for this role is on back-end development and design, but the
ability to modify and amend the front-end of these applications is
In addition, knowledge of Linux, Apache, PHP, AJAX, MySQL, XML/SOAP,
Crystal Reports, Flash, IE/Netscape/AOL/FireFox compatibility and
graphic design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) is a plus.
- Manage pre-existing web sites and design and support upgrades
- Support sites sub-applications (forms, email generation,
ratings/ranking system, search, and other functionality which arises
and falls within the expertise outlined above)
- Design and code Web pages and micro sites to facilitate and support
- Design and code custom pages and accompanying database code and
promotional advertisements for sponsors and partners
- Methodically document all procedures and code
- Perform testing, bug fixes, and quality control procedures on
databases/websites to ensure accuracy and optimal efficiency.
- Ensure security of the system and website
- Manage relationship with IT vendors
- B.S. in Computer Science is preferred, but applicants with
equivalent backgrounds will be considered.
- A portfolio of past Web Application/Development projects is
- 3 years or more of professional Web design experience preferred.
- Experience resolving usability issues and working knowledge of
design best practices.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven office
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize and reprioritize
projects according to business demands.
- Strong ability to scope, forecast and estimate project
expenses/timeframes according to business requirements.
- Demonstrated record of self-management and accountability
- Strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Interest in the nonprofit and public sectors is a plus.
- Creative design ability is a must.
- Must be a US Citizen
The selected candidate must be able to begin work in January 2007 at the
firm's downtown Evanston, Illinois location. This is a full-time
salaried position that offers a competitive compensation package,
including benefits and a performance bonus. The Web Developer will
report to the President and other Senior Managers of the firm and
collaborate and seek guidance, as needed, from other senior web
developers who work on other firm projects.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
recruitment at hagertyconsulting.com. Please include your college GPA and
salary requirements. More information about Hagerty Consulting can be
found at www.hagertyconsulting.com. No phone calls please.
More information about the vox-jobs