[vox-jobs] [fwd] JOB: Linux admin [Sunnyvale]
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:48:31 -0700
FWD'd from SVLUG:
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:19:03 -0700
From: Nate Campi <email@example.com>
Infoblox (www.infoblox.com) has an opening for a Linux admin. We are a
Sunnyvale, CA based startup and we make Linux based network appliances.
Internally we run everything and anything that matters on Linux.
Tasks/technologies dealt with:
- Linux OS install and maintenance (Debian and Redhat)
- Windows 2k/2003 server install and config in lab environment
- Windows desktop install and configuration
- Mail server administration (POP3/IMAP/IMAPS/POP3S and Postfix MTA)
- firewall configuration, Linux iptables, netscreen and sonicwall
- Infoblox DNSOne administration for DNS and DHCP
- selection, purchase and preparation of workstations and laptops for
personnel, with a large percentage of new systems set up to dual-boot
linux and windows.
- Samba based windows workgroup network maintenance
- small office network support: DHCP, NFS, printing, network cabling, T1
and sDSL internet connectivity, physical security
- public and private web site administration (Apache on Linux)
- centralized administration through cfengine
This person will hire on as an admin, but if they're good, they can move
into any other areas they want, interoperability and QA labs, support,
engineering, sales, whatever they like and are good at. Strong desktop
support skills are a must, especially with Linux laptops.
Please email me directly with your resume, firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll
want to meet good cantidates in person right away.
----- End forwarded message -----