[vox-jobs] [fwd] JOB: Job Openings at VMware in Palo Alto]
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:24:37 -0800
Seen on SVLUG...
----- Forwarded message from Ray Galvin <email@example.com> -----
Subject: Job Openings at VMware in Palo Alto....
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:07:15 -0800
From: Ray Galvin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
. Systems Software Engineer ( Palo Alto )
* BS, MS or PhD degree in CS/EE/equivalent
* Excellent personal software development process
* Excellent programming skills in C/C++
* Systems-level programming, including exposure in several of the following
* OS internals
* Linux Kernel level programming
* Assembly language programming (x86 strongly preferred)
* PC architecture
* Devices and/or device emulation
2. Senior Performance Engineer ( Palo Alto )
3+ years in performance engineering with strong experience in server
workloads and analysis.
Strong background dealing with optimization, scalability, and dealing with
performance issues as well as liability to correct them.
Linux/Unix experience in essential, with windows experience a major plus,
strong programming skills needed.
Strong self starter with track record of success.
BS in engineering, computer science, or math ( MS or PH.d ideal ).
3. Senior Technical Support Engineer ( Palo Alto )
- Experience in providing technical support to enterprise customers
(preferably Global 2000) for mission critical Windows and Linux or UNIX
computer systems and related software
- Strong Windows administration skills
- Strong Linux or UNIX administration skills
- Installation and configuration of operating systems
- Setup and operation of TCP/IP networking
- Ability to program and debug Perl scripts
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot C code
- Strong experience with UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
- 4 to 6+ years experience for each of the above requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- - B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent
----- End forwarded message -----