[vox-if] Installfest?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 27 08:58:59 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:23:45PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I'm around, just don't have as much time to organize as I used to. We
> should try to convince a student or two to become the organizers as
> "Interns". I'm more than happy to train someone, and to show up and help
> if they can take over the logistics part.

Perhaps I can come up with some kind of formal invitation to post out
to vox-announce, on our website, and, say, over to the CS Club @ UCD's
Facebook page...

> Bill - I don't seem to get the emails from the form sent to my inbox
> anymore.

Here's why, from our .procmailrc

  # Modified Fri Oct 10 16:15:42 PDT 2014
  #     * replaced everyone on IF with Case Talbot

As Case has recently left the area, I've removed her, and since you're
asking about it, I've put you back on.  The form sends to just me
(nbs at sonic.net) and the if at lugod.org address, FWIW.  (It's super
not-fancy.)

BTW, if anyone has ideas on how to improve/update the questionnaire,
I'm all ears.

  http://lugod.org/if/rsvp/

I once bumped into someone I recognized from CS Club outside the
Co-op, and she commented "oh, LUGOD, you're the guys who still ask
what kind of floppy drive you have, on your Installfest page?"
Hah, yeah... apparently we never went back and removed that
(but I did later that day).

In fact, I see some other places for improvement. ("DVD drive"
should probably just be "optical drive", for example.)

-bill!
Bcc: Case Talbot

> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 09/26/2016 09:44 PM, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > Yeah, where's Alex Mandel?  He's good.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > On 09/26/2016 01:42 PM, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >> We occasionally get RSVPs for our Installfests via the
> >> old form on our website -- someone filled it out the
> >> other day, in fact.  Not sure if it was the same person,
> >> but I also saw a message asking about IFs come in via
> >> Facebook, which I still need to look at and reply to.
> >>
> >> I figured before I reply to either of them, I'd ask out
> >> here whether or not someone would be willing to coordinate
> >> an Installfest some time soon.  I may be able to host it
> >> at Smashwords, downtown, though that could suck for parking/etc.
> >> on a weekend.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?

Sent from my computer