[vox-if] [LUGOD] Important Information Regarding Installfests

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Mar 14 14:13:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:28:08PM -0700, Christopher James McKenzie wrote:

> First, the next one is on Sunday April 13, 2008.  We have it booked.

Thanks.  I've updated the website and will announce soon.

> Second, (and there is a third at the bottom ...) and very important
>
> *************   INSTALLFESTS ARE MOVING    ******************
>
> LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN
>
> *************   INSTALLFESTS ARE MOVING    ******************

Ok, got it.  I've removed the Kemper Hall reference from the IF page,
and will make a new Directions/Maps page when I get some time
(maybe later today).

I'll also make sure this is prominent in the announcement to the
various newspapers/mailinglists/etc., and add a news item to the front
page of the website.

<snip>
> We can schedule months in advance and treat it almost like an
> Experimental College Workshop with the remote possibility of being
> listed in their publications.

Awesome!

> THIRD
> Well, ok, two things
>
> 1. I'm leaving Davis at the end of August.  No if's and's or but's.

Dun dun DUN!!!  We'll miss you.  You've definitely been a driving force
in LUGOD's IFs for quite a while now.  Thanks a ton!

<snip>
> 2. (And this is for Bill).
>
> Have you thought about writing a script that sends off an automated
> email to the California Aggie and Davis Enterprise about the event when
> you set the date on the website.
>
> I am imagining something like
>
> $ set_installfest.pl 4 13 2008
>
> And the website is updated and all the advertising emails are sent out.

Not yet. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/