[vox-if] RE: IF Linux discs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 31 00:02:35 PDT 2007

Apologies if this doesn't thread properly, apparently I got unsubscribed
  at some point.

You don't need partition magic to do NTFS, the latest Knoppix discs work
fine for that. I've heard GParted LiveCD is even better too (Burning 1
right now)

I've got Ubuntu 6.10 (i386, Amd64), Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (i386, amd64, PPC),
Kubuntu (i386) - I have a mix of Desktop/Alternates, mostly alternates
so should work for upgrades too.
Plenty of spare Knoppix Discs, Helix Discs, Gparted LiveCD
I'm also bring a copy of Mint Linux, it's an ubuntu based flavor that
has all the proprietary codecs, flash, Java etc in it - might save us
some time on some installs since this seems to be what some people want.

I also have a bunch of OpenCD and the Mac FreeSmug too so no one walks
away empty handed.

Since it looks like I'll be up late(Just woke up) I can start some
others if we need.

Alex

PS: If we run out of stuff to do I can let people watch me agonize over
trying to resize my ext3 partition by extending the front of the
partition.(most likely not going to work)