[vox-if] Re: [LUGOD Installfest] RSVP question

Christopher James McKenzie mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:19:08 PST 2007

Hi Fred,

Firstly, Fedora Core 6 is out.  Secondly, did your friend tell you why
he recommended Fedora Core 5?  I try to make recommendations based on
the persons needs as opposed to what I personally favor so I don't
really know if Fedora Core is best suited for your application.
Furthermore, from your RSVP it appears that you are planning on keeping
Windows on the computer.  In this case, "reformatting" the hard drive
for Linux requires some fairly obscure steps that at times even confuses
me (although there may be recently developed simpler ways to do things
that I have not heard about).  I hope this information will help you in
making your decision.  Thanks!

~chris.