[vox-if] How'd it go?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 24 12:17:02 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:25:44AM -0700, Christopher James McKenzie wrote:
> You would be adding a machine with the assumed responsibility of loading
> on Fedora Core, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, and Mandriva ***whenever there
> is a major update***.  Also, you would need to sync with someone like
> me, who has the installfest media - or you would have to take over that
> also. It is of no use to demo a *version* that you do not actually have.

I'm not sure the Installfest (where time is limited, and installs can take
a while) is the best place to be demoing flavors of linux.

At least, not to the people who have RSVPd and brought their hardware in.
Maybe we could have a machine up for non-RSVPd people to play with,
hands-on, without any assistance from the busy installfest volunteers.

Then they can RSVP and come again, to the next month's installfest, to
actually get something installed.

<snip>
> Perpetuity requires sustainability.  Therefore coming up with the lowest
> overhead solution is the best option.

SERIOUSLY. :)

> If you are trying to address a problem that I do not see, which is
> "which distribution do I pick?" then I am sure there are plenty of brief
> easy websites that discuss the major ones and what their benefits are.

And I'm happy to link to as many of those as you'd like me to,
on the IF webpage. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/