[vox-if] Re: Installfest [Yay/Nay]

Laine Walker-Avina lwalkera at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 1 11:37:28 PST 2006

On Dec 01, 2006, at 11:02, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:59:44AM -0800, Christopher James
> McKenzie wrote:
>>> What's going on, any idea?
>>
>> People hate windows less.
>> More windows haters are moving to the viable Apple alternative.
>> Linux is becoming easier to install.
>> People are having less problems.
>
> So based on this, do we want to make Installfests happen less often,
> and maybe make them bigger events?
>
> How's our contact with various departments at UC Davis and other local
> colleges?  Do the profs/teachers/students/etc. know about the events?
> I remember CS folks used to get the word out to their classes a lot.
>
> -bill!

I'm on several listservs on campus and haven't heard a peep about it.
I just sent a copy of your announcement to the IEEE member's list, so
hopefully you'll get a few more people before tomorrow. Let me know
in the future if you'd like to send stuff to the IEEE list.

---
Laine Walker-Avina
President 2006-2007
IEEE at UC Davis