[vox-if] Re: Installfest [Yay/Nay]

Christopher James McKenzie mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 1 10:59:44 PST 2006

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:58:52AM -0800, Christopher James McKenzie wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Ok, to date, I have seen 1 RSVP.  I am thinking of canceling the
>> installfest and then contacting the one installee to do it on a personal
>> basis.  If I don't hear any complaints before 1 PM, I'm going to do it.
>
> *sigh*  Ok, aside from various LUGs, Craigslist and Daviswiki, how widely
> spread were announcements.  I'm wondering if there'll be any non-RSVP'ed
> walk-ins to worry about.

I'll post a sign, "Do to lack of RSVPS, installfest has been cancelled.
  Please contact (my personal cell number) or email (my personal
address) to set up a free appointment if you would like an installation
before January."

> What's going on, any idea?

People hate windows less.
More windows haters are moving to the viable Apple alternative.
Linux is becoming easier to install.
People are having less problems.

> Is it the time of year?  Did we not announce it
> widely,

Certainly.

> or early enough? :(

Certainly.